Our program is specifically designed to empower small and medium businesses by providing them with the necessary tools, resources, and support to thrive in today’s competitive landscape.
Your council plays a pivotal role in supporting local businesses, boosting economic activity, and nurturing a culture of innovation within the region. This program aligns perfectly with your strategy for sustainable economic development and community empowerment.
Create your Future Growth Incubator
Economic development requires true partnership with local businesses and the broader community.
Time and again, it has been shown that successful economic development initiatives drive innovation, continued local business growth, investment, generate jobs and attract new businesses to the region. But these programs take resources, planning and expertise that can be hard to find and expensive to procure.
The Disruptors Co Future Growth Incubator (FutureGrowthInc) is designed to solve these challenges.
It is an “out of the box”, in-depth business innovation accelerator program ready made for councils, associations and chambers of commerce. Designed to support and accelerate the growth of the small businesses in your region, it explores opportunities for innovation, harnesses digital technology, develops resilient business models, de-risks growth, and helps develop an entrepreneur mindset through applied learning.
About the program:
- 4-12 weeks (customised to your needs, and presented either in-person or remotely)
- Core content: business fundamentals, digital skills, business innovation, planning for growth
- Facilitators with experience in both government and corporate innovation programs including CSIRO ON, Connect@Lindfield, DStart and the Optus Innovation Mindset series
Key features and benefits:
- Tailored bootcamps and workshops: designed for the unique needs of small businesses, empowering them with essential digital skills and knowledge
- Harnessing digital technology: upskilling and scaling businesses, exploring the latest trends and business innovations such as AI and automation
- Implementation of solutions: uncovering solutions to challenges through test and trial, utilising innovation methodologies
- Networking opportunities: networking within the cohort and community to foster valuable connections and partnership opportunities
- Library of innovation assets: toolkit and worksheets that will help turn theory into action
Get the case study
In July 2020, the City of Sydney Council embarked on a mission to integrate the principles of Community Wealth Building into their economic development strategy. This approach aims to generate wealth within local communities by bolstering the local economy and ensuring that wealth remains within the area. The Business Innovation Program (BIP), funded by the City of Sydney and delivered by Disruptors Co, aligns with the key principle of ‘progressive procurement.’ It maximises the benefits of expenditure from major institutions, contributing to social, environmental, and local enhancements while supporting job creation and local businesses.
“Small business is going through challenging times, times of change, times where support is most needed, and to have the council step in and provide an opportunity, teaching us new ways, we are truly grateful.”
Noreen Roesler, Permanence City
Make an Inquiry about FGI
Tell us a little about your organisation and we’ll email you our case study.